Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

How is your day going?

Started by admin, April 17, 2022, 03:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 21, 2023, 09:35:37 AMI went out and bought myself a Christmas gift.  At Marshalls.  A nice pair of long johns on sale.  It's cold here.  They make a huge difference when you're walking and the wind is blowing.  Isn't today Dec. 21 the Winter Solstice where the days get longer?  Happy Solstice. 

Last time I wore long johns was maybe 1960 after the birth of our daughter. My wife had been torn during delivery and was using lamp for heat to help the healing.
We were in bed and I think she was feeding the daughter, decided to toss my long johns on the top of the lamp to help dim the brightness, well the story goes, my long johns caught on fire. Never had another pair.

camper6

That is funny but it could have been a tragedy.

It's the cold wind here that mandates protection.  Ordinary pants won't do the the trick when your walking in below zero weather.  I still can't get used to metric. 

munch

Not too bad today ... and not too good. Can't complain. It takes me ages to get out of my burrow on a  cold winters day but I stirred myself, groomed ny fur and ambled off down to the shops.

I've just noticed something. There are no adverts anywhere

Don't be fooled  by my cute, furry face and beady eyes. I really am your friend.

Hic

been cold here,but sposed to be warmer tomorrow,

munch

Put some clothes on Hic ... you're making me blush  :)
Don't be fooled  by my cute, furry face and beady eyes. I really am your friend.

Hic

munch

Depends where you put it! ..
 :o

Hic

munch

I know ... and I'm not making a good impression so I shall revert to my usual demure self.

Ronald

Quote from: munch on January 18, 2024, 01:50:04 PMNot too bad today ... and not too good. Can't complain. It takes me ages to get out of my burrow on a  cold winters day but I stirred myself, groomed ny fur and ambled off down to the shops.

No adverts, and you'll never see any adverts on my forum. I hate them.

Mart

We're going through a cold snap at present in the UK. Not as cold as Canada gets but we're not so geared up for it here. There's been some snow in Scotland and the North but just cold and frosty in the south where I am. I know that when I say last night was -7°C some will call that mild but is is cold for UK in the South.

Getting out of bed on cold mornings isn't my forte. Gone 8.00 a.m. this morning.

munch

I've just looked out of the window and the ground is white with a think covering of snow. And it is cold, cold, cold.

charry

Quote from: munch on January 18, 2024, 01:50:04 PMNot too bad today ... and not too good. Can't complain. It takes me ages to get out of my burrow on a  cold winters day but I stirred myself, groomed ny fur and ambled off down to the shops.

I know .....how lovely is this munch ....

Hic

its a white cold start to the day here in swwjust having a coffee,kicked the dog out under protest lol,,another coffee,the ready for the day ahead

Dave

Quote from: Hic on January 19, 2024, 01:47:30 AMits a white cold start to the day here in swwjust having a coffee,kicked the dog out under protest lol,,another coffee,the ready for the day ahead

It's similar here in south east Kent.
If you want play quizzes or games click below