Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Hanging the Christmas lights

Started by camper6, December 07, 2022, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Dave on December 14, 2022, 03:08:57 AM
Quote from: Ronald on December 13, 2022, 10:23:12 AMThere are two Christmas skins.

You can have the one on my site too Ron if you wish, I have set it up to be shared with others

I don't see anyway of down loading any skins. I do like the style v1. I used this one but I hate side menus and couldn't get it below like you did.

camper6

Christmas is for kids.   Sometimes at Christmas I just want to be alone.  At one time I was more religious and enjoyed Christmas a lot more.  Now I'm such a skeptic.  Three wise men together?  When did that ever happen in Congress or Parliament?

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 14, 2022, 12:31:55 PMChristmas is for kids.   Sometimes at Christmas I just want to be alone.  At one time I was more religious and enjoyed Christmas a lot more.  Now I'm such a skeptic.  Three wise men together?  When did that ever happen in Congress or Parliament?

Camper, please don't be alone at Christmas, it is depressing. I don't look at Christmas as fun anymore, it was when the kids were small, oh it's ok now, just older family gatherings for a bite to eat, shoot the breeze and go home.

camper6

When I'm alone I just sit and reminisce of all those that have gone before me.  And at my age there are plenty.  I just cannot get all wrapped up in the hoopla.  And New Year's is even worse.  I hate New Years Eve parties.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 15, 2022, 09:05:45 AMWhen I'm alone I just sit and reminisce of all those that have gone before me.  And at my age there are plenty.  I just cannot get all wrapped up in the hoopla.  And New Year's is even worse.  I hate New Years Eve parties.

Peter there must be someone or somewhere you can go for a visit. Thinking about those gone before you is not healthy.

My Christmas will consist of a visit to the stepdaughter's place for a brunch, then back home. Watch some TV and play on the computer.

I am 84 and have been to 2 New Years eve parties, both were bummers.

camper6

Oh there is many places I can visit.  The point is that I sometimes feel more comfortable away from noise.  I'm hard of hearing and noise makes me antsy.  This year I was very proud of myself because I researched a trophy we had in our golf association which I am a member of.  I found out that it was donated in memory of a soldier from our area who died in battle in Normandy and it's quite a story.  We have been playing for the trophy which was donated in 1950.  I was in touch with a member of the family who lives in Switzerland now.  He was so happy because he has a website in memory of his nephew who is buried in France and they have named a street in the village close by. A lot of memorial trophies are long forgotten and no longer active.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 16, 2022, 09:39:19 AMOh there is many places I can visit.  The point is that I sometimes feel more comfortable away from noise.  I'm hard of hearing and noise makes me antsy.  This year I was very proud of myself because I researched a trophy we had in our golf association which I am a member of.  I found out that it was donated in memory of a soldier from our area who died in battle in Normandy and it's quite a story.  We have been playing for the trophy which was donated in 1950.  I was in touch with a member of the family who lives in Switzerland now.  He was so happy because he has a website in memory of his nephew who is buried in France and they have named a street in the village close by. A lot of memorial trophies are long forgotten and no longer active.

Yep, know how you feel about staying alone. Memories are about all we have left,

camper6

There's no worry about a White Christmas here.  We have tons of snow and it hasn't stopped yet.

I don't have to shovel anymore.  I donated my car to charity.  It had too many problems and too expensive to fix.  I depend on public transportation and I'm lucky.  The bus stop is right outside my door and a seniors bus pass is $55 for the month and deductible from Ontario income tax.  The bus schedule is every 30 minutes.  I get a donation receipt from the charity I donated the car to.  They come and pick it up. :)

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 23, 2022, 08:09:17 AMThere's no worry about a White Christmas here.  We have tons of snow and it hasn't stopped yet.

I don't have to shovel anymore.  I donated my car to charity.  It had too many problems and too expensive to fix.  I depend on public transportation and I'm lucky.  The bus stop is right outside my door and a seniors bus pass is $55 for the month and deductible from Ontario income tax.  The bus schedule is every 30 minutes.  I get a donation receipt from the charity I donated the car to.  They come and pick it up. :)

Just started to storm late yesterday afternoon. Rained most of the day, then turned to snow around 9 pm, snowed for maybe 2 hours, then the high winds started. Overnight and this morning, just high winds and blowing snow. but it's dam bitter out there.