Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Hanging the Christmas lights

Started by camper6, December 07, 2022, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camper6

Using a ladder is a two man job.  Never try it alone when you get old.

Invite a friend to come over and send him up while you hold the ladder.
You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 07, 2022, 01:59:42 PMUsing a ladder is a two man job.  Never try it alone when you get old.

Invite a friend to come over and send him up while you hold the ladder.
You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.

Looks like Tim the Toolman.

I was painting my house many years ago, I was at the top of the extension ladder, when it decided to slide sidewards, down we went paint included.

camper6

I had that happen when I was on a scaffold and it decided to let go.  I thought I could jump clear but you can't overcome the force of gravity.  All over the brick wall.  Fortunately it was latex paint and I could hose it off.  The method I used for the scaffold building is now illegal.  Live and learn.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 09, 2022, 09:56:51 AMI had that happen when I was on a scaffold and it decided to let go.  I thought I could jump clear but you can't overcome the force of gravity.  All over the brick wall.  Fortunately it was latex paint and I could hose it off.  The method I used for the scaffold building is now illegal.  Live and learn.

That is scary man. Lucky your still alive. I've done a lot of dumb things, but never with scaffoldings.

camper6

Now you can rent decent scaffolding.  But living in an apartment now all I do is clean the windows.  They only do them once a year. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 10, 2022, 07:18:49 AMNow you can rent decent scaffolding.  But living in an apartment now all I do is clean the windows.  They only do them once a year. 

Yea, when I first bought this mobile home, I gutted it and stripped the siding. I put plywood on the outside using a ladder, until I smartened up and rented some scaffolding. Much easier to work on the scaffolding. Three of us guys made a peaked roof, and again ladders were used, we made the rafters on the ground and lifted them up one at a time, nailed them in place, plywood was the hardest to get up to the roof.

When I first got divorced, I lived in a high-rise 10th. floor. Building was on the corner of two main streets, all I ever heard at night was traffic, sirens, big trucks gearing down and up, didn't last long, had to break my lease and moved to another high-rise on the water, now that was nice, watching the boats, and people in the park.

camper6

There's something so calming about being on the shore of a lake and water. I guess that's why people buy cottages on a lake. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 10, 2022, 02:21:27 PMThere's something so calming about being on the shore of a lake and water. I guess that's why people buy cottages on a lake. 

It was a great view from the balcony over looking the park and water.

Camper, I lived in a winterize cottage on Lake Erie for one year, the winter was brutal, I wasn't that far from the water's edge, the cold winds whipping in are nasty, as is the bitter cold. I heated with oil, and the furnace never shut off.

camper6

Thunder Bay is on the shore of Lake Superior which affects the weather tremendously.

When that wind sweeps across the frozen lake unhampered it's a brutal winter although the view of the lake is something to behold.  They try to keep navigation open as long as the locks at Sault Ste Marie are open.  I feel sorry for the sailors though.  Many ships have been lost in November gales including the famous Edmund Fitzgerald.  As a child we used to visit the shore when the huge waves were coming in. That's before they built a breakwater.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 11, 2022, 08:40:38 AMThunder Bay is on the shore of Lake Superior which affects the weather tremendously.

When that wind sweeps across the frozen lake unhampered it's a brutal winter although the view of the lake is something to behold.  They try to keep navigation open as long as the locks at Sault Ste Marie are open.  I feel sorry for the sailors though.  Many ships have been lost in November gales including the famous Edmund Fitzgerald.  As a child we used to visit the shore when the huge waves were coming in. That's before they built a breakwater.

I went through Thunder Bay one time on a Greyhound bus, we stopped at the Greyhound depot and had breakfast in a cold restaurant, by cold I mean the place was horrible, all cold tile floor and walls, food was also horrible.

When I see those people hanging, reminds me of a house around the corner, they have lights around the eavestrough and a red pair of coveralls with boots and a hat also hanging, no ladder though.

camper6

The Greyhound terminal and restaurant are gone.  The restaurant never had a good reputation ever. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 12, 2022, 08:14:30 AMThe Greyhound terminal and restaurant are gone.  The restaurant never had a good reputation ever. 

I can sure believe that. It was a very cold atmosphere inside.

Got any snow yet?

camper6

I really love the Christmas theme.  It brightens my day.  Anyway we are going to have a super white Christmas.  Snowfall of 20 to 30 centimers by Friday and 50 centimers in the outlying areas.  There will be lots of accidents as usual. :'(

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on December 13, 2022, 08:23:42 AMI really love the Christmas theme.  It brightens my day.  Anyway we are going to have a super white Christmas.  Snowfall of 20 to 30 centimers by Friday and 50 centimers in the outlying areas.  There will be lots of accidents as usual. :'(

We have no snow yet, don't expect any soon, although there is a storm coming but not this area. There are two Christmas skins.

Christmas time is when no one should be alone, it is a very depressing time, just something about Christmas time.. Doesn't bother me, seeing I love being alone and doing my thing..

Dave

Quote from: Ronald on December 13, 2022, 10:23:12 AMThere are two Christmas skins.

You can have the one on my site too Ron if you wish, I have set it up to be shared with others
If you want play quizzes or games click below