Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Long live the King

Started by Ronald, September 11, 2022, 11:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hic

Mart

Not sure if the Royal Family is an asset to the UK or not. Throughout history there has always been rogues within it but it was always a private affair. In this modern age, they can't so much as scratch their bottoms without it being highlighted by the media. Mannerisms and appearances are seen and discussed by all. I feel a little sorry for them in that respect. These days, they do make the effort to become less remote from the public but it is never going to work. They will always be a class apart.

There is the debate about whether they create more wealth than they cost us. Would money made from tourism decrease if there was no Royal Family? The chance of seeing one or more of the Royals in the historic buildings they live in maybe gives those places more interest than just the buildings per se. Even if not seen, people know a member of the royal family resides or goes there.

Something that can't be denied is the size of the crowds that gather when any of the active members of the Royal Family make an appearance. The dislike of them obviously doesn't apply across the board. This even looks to be the case when they visit the Commonwealth countries. Always dissenters in the crowds of course but The Royals are generally cheered and welcomed wherever they go. It looks as if they are still generally popular.

Whether they stay of go doesn't really worry me. Life in UK will go on. One thing though. If they ever go, there will still always be an elite who we will criticise for their wealth and position. Life is never fair no matter what.

charry

[quote author  =Fleur link=msg=2021 date=1705819814]
Going by the thread title, I thought it was about Elvis Presley !  ::)
[/quote]

;D  ;D

QuietMouse007

At least this thread made more members join in..
where have they all gone ?  hope more folk join in other threads too....geez, does that make sense ?   10002

Ronald

Quote from: Hic on January 20, 2024, 01:56:22 PMlol,so a twit like trump takes over,ye right

I never want to see Trump get elected as President. The guy is sick in the head. His buddies are Putin and Kim Jong.

They also figured Trump gave secret documents to Putin when he left the Whitehouse.

charry

Quote from: Ronald on January 24, 2024, 10:43:24 AM
Quote from: Hic on January 20, 2024, 01:56:22 PMlol,so a twit like trump takes over,ye right

I never want to see Trump get elected as President. The guy is sick in the head. His buddies are Putin and Kim Jong.

They also figured Trump gave secret documents to Putin when he left the Whitehouse.

He was also good mates with jeffrey Epstein, he got away with that scandal
And so did prince andrew ....mummy paid off everyone !!