Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Long live the King

Started by Ronald, September 11, 2022, 11:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

The days of mourning for Queen Elizabeth II in Canada, the United Kingdom and across the world will continue for at least another week. Then there will be a funeral for the Queen and a coronation for our new monarch, King Charles III.

But the man who we knew for decades as Prince Charles has already made his first address as King of England and, of course, as King of Canada. On Friday, Charles took to the airwaves to deliver his first public address as King.

My question. Will he make a good King or not. Myself I have my doubts about Charles

Redrobyn

I am not an anti royalist nor am I pro royalist really makes no difference to me one way or the other I think it's sad that the Queen passed she has a family that cared for her I feel bad for them.

Ronald

Quote from: Redrobyn post_id=806 time=1663053119 user_id=66
I am not an anti royalist nor am I pro royalist really makes no difference to me one way or the other I think it's sad that the Queen passed she has a family that cared for her I feel bad for them.

Myself I really don't care one way or the other. To me Charles has always been a joke.

Redrobyn

I don't consider him my King some of the things the royal family have got up to they're no different than the rest of us.

Ronald

Quote from: Redrobyn post_id=833 time=1663638440 user_id=66
I don't consider him my King some of the things the royal family have got up to they're no different than the rest of us.

They got most of their billions from slavery. Not my King or Queen, I feel the Royals are just parasites cheating the people out of their money.

They just seem to galivant around the world. being do goobers.

Ally

Here is the one thing I found disgusting about Charles. When he made the remark that he found fox hunting romantic. What he found romantic in hunting down a frightened animal for pure sport I cannot understand.

Makes one wonder what he finds romantic about Camilla.

Ronald

Never did like or care for him or any of the Royal Family. To me they are parasites, living off the people of the UK.

camper6

This is the time to be picking up coins and paper money with Queen Elizabeth on it.  I see the Royal Canadian mint is creating packages.  We will soon see them fazed out.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on March 16, 2023, 05:43:23 PMThis is the time to be picking up coins and paper money with Queen Elizabeth on it.  I see the Royal Canadian mint is creating packages.  We will soon see them fazed out.

That os OK by me. Never cared for the royals.

charry

We ve only just had new paper money , plastic and jumps out of your purse

I don't blame you Ron ..
Now the queen has passed , they should run the royals out .....

Look at them all.....Prince Andrew , harry , fergie etc etc ....
I will say no more ....

Ronald

Quote from: charry on July 30, 2023, 11:06:07 AMWe ve only just had new paper money , plastic and jumps out of your purse

I don't blame you Ron ..

I will say no more ....

I just don't understand why they keep the Royals.
Paper money is not paper anymore, it is a very thin plastic, and not foldable. We still have some coins, nickel, dime, quarter, fifty cent piece, looney is a dollar, tooney is 2 dollars.  We did away with the penny years ago. Now when you buy an article, your change is rounded out to the nearest nickel.

charry

Quote from: Ronald on July 30, 2023, 07:03:00 PM
Quote from: charry on July 30, 2023, 11:06:07 AMWe ve only just had new paper money , plastic and jumps out of your purse

I don't blame you Ron ..

I will say no more ....

Paper money is not paper anymore, it is a very thin plastic, and not foldable. We still have some coins, nickel, dime, quarter, fifty cent piece, looney is a dollar, tooney is 2 dollars.  We did away with the penny years ago. Now when you buy an article, your change is rounded out to the nearest nickel.

Totally agree ron .....
Now the queens departed , we dont  need them......

Hic

lol,so a twit like trump takes over,ye right

charry

Quote from: charry on January 20, 2024, 01:35:27 PM
Quote from: Ronald on July 30, 2023, 07:03:00 PM

I don't blame you Ron ..

I will say no more ....

Totally agree ron .....
Now the queens departed , we dont  need them......

Takes over uk ?

Fleur

Going by the thread title, I thought it was about Elvis Presley !  ::)