Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

How is your day going?

Started by admin, April 17, 2022, 03:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimee

There is a community yard sale today so I am putting a few things out that have been gathering dust. Will get pennies on the dollar but at least they will not be taking up space.

Anyone want to buy a stainless steel kettle. When I think about what I paid for that beauty and what I will get it makes me think how foolish I was to buy it in the first place. It did look nice sitting on the stove.

Ronald

Good morning, had my air conditioner turned on last night. No yard sales for me, my shed is full of junk.

Aimee

Sold, sold, sold, price it low enough and they will haul it away. Did not make much cash but got a lot more room now in the shed and closets.

p.s. tea kettle was the first thing to go. 5 bucks, I think I paid 22 bucks

Ronald

Sunday slept in, then walked the dog. Made potato salad and baked chicken.

Ronald

My day started out just fine, have two cups of coffee, went to see Dr. Chow the plastic surgeon, for my final check on my ear surgery. Got a excellent report. Was also told in a stern voice not to let a pimple or sore go unnoticed for a long time. Remember I am here for you, so call me.

Jane also snuck in a personal question about her chin, Dr. Chow was very pleasant and checked it out and gave her good news also.

Came home with plenty of good thoughts to get some work done outside, ah fell asleep for a couple of hours, so there went the outside work. Ended up getting a take out for dinner.

Tomorrow off to America for a fee days.

Ronald

Just sent 8 days in America. Road construction and detours all over Michigan. Nothing but a headache.

Left this morning at 7:15 am to return home to Canada, which take on a good day no longer than 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes. Left at 7:15 am and by 9:00 am I had gotten maybe 30 miles. Even leaving the small town I was staying in was hectic the main road was closed, so first detour, got to the main expressway going good till we hit the first road construction and detour. Miss the turn off to the main expressway for Detroit due to a detour and all of a sudden the opening to the expressway was gone. I had to travel some 30 miles to get back to my main expressway.

Smooth sailing now on I-96 all the way to the bridge, crossed over cleared immigration, no problems, finally pulled into the drive way around 11:00 am, little over a 4 hour trip, which should be a little more than an hour.

Why can't they repair the expressway in the winter or work 24/7 to get the work done. Nope they have to wait for summer, so they can mess things up.

Campy

Have to take my umbrella along now.  Sudden heavy downpours are common.

But I need my daily walk.

Ronald

Last day of spring, and it feels like it. Rained during the night, is cloudy out and cool, you can feel the chill in the air.

Get set for summer, high temperatures are coming back tomorrow.

Campy

Summer has arrived.  Temperature in the 90's .  I love the warm weather.

Ronald

Quote from: Campy post_id=440 time=1655896677 user_id=65
Summer has arrived.  Temperature in the 90's .  I love the warm weather.

Seeing you live way up north, the humidity must be less.

Yesterday we hit the 97F, with the humidity felt like over 105F, very unpleasant. I am running the air conditioner, and hoping the power doesn't go out.

Today and the weekend are going to be about the same.

Ronald

So far so good. Turned the air off this morning. Got to try to get the weed whacking done today, then cut the grass.

camper6

Hello. Haven't been posting for awhile.  Haven't been feeling good.

Feeling better today.  How are you doing?  Haven't had any success with the password and restoring the computer.  Haven't given up.  Will keep trying.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on October 24, 2023, 09:49:58 AMHello. Haven't been posting for awhile.  Haven't been feeling good.

Feeling better today.  How are you doing?  Haven't had any success with the password and restoring the computer.  Haven't given up.  Will keep trying.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well.

Can't you get Microsoft to send a code to your phone or email.

Ronald

Camper try this, it may just work.

Hi,

This is the Microsoft information for when you forget your XP Password.

"How to log on to your Windows XP-based computer if you forget your password or if your password expires"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional Edition

To log on to a computer as the administrator to reset a password, try the following steps.
1.Log on as an administrator.

1.Restart the computer.
2.Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE two times, and then type the name of the administrator user account.

Note If you do not know any other administrator user account, try to type Adminstrator in the User name box.
In the Password box, type the administrator password, and then click OK.

Note If you do not know the administrator password, leave it blank, and then click OK.
2.Reset the password.

1.Click Start, and then click Run.
2.Type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
3.On the Users tab, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Reset Password.
4.Type a new password in the New password box, and then type the password again in the Confirm new password box, and then click OK.
5.Restart the computer, and then try to log on to Windows XP again.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-security/how-do-i-retrieve-an-administator-password/875bee6f-960f-47ad-a091-a494608d6a3f

camper6

Thanks. I printed that out and will give it a try.  The problem is that no matter what I try the computer boots into the current windows set up.