Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Cars Help

Started by charry, January 26, 2024, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charry

I was wanting to get my water and oil checked , and cant get to a garage ,so phoned a friend who said , all the new cars  , are different and some dont even have a oil dip stick now
Not sure i want to start fiddling under the bonnet

Plus i bought a digital tyre pressure pump , are these reliable
If i have a flattish  tyre , will it come up on my dash board 

Im useless at all this ...things like this , i miss hubby ..:(

Hic

mine tells me a tyre is going down,,even tells me to stop for a cup of tea lol

charry

Quote from: Hic on January 26, 2024, 10:40:10 AMmine tells me a tyre is going down,,even tells me to stop for a cup of tea lol

I know nothing about cars hic ...i just got chucked in at the deep-end , good job i could drive ah .   

Mart

I have car tyre that loses pressure and the electric pump I bought for my bike tops it up OK. It stops pumping automatically once the set pressure is reached. I compared the reading/setting with another pressure gauge and it agreed with the electric one, so it looks like digital electric pumps are reasonably accurate.

charry

Quote from: Mart on January 28, 2024, 06:44:40 AMI have car tyre that loses pressure and the electric pump I bought for my bike tops it up OK. It stops pumping automatically once the set pressure is reached. I compared the reading/setting with another pressure gauge and it agreed with the electric one, so it looks like digital electric pumps are reasonably accurate.

Thanks mart
Just hoping my step will be up soon ..lol

camper6

Quote from: Mart on January 28, 2024, 06:44:40 AMI have car tyre that loses pressure and the electric pump I bought for my bike tops it up OK. It stops pumping automatically once the set pressure is reached. I compared the reading/setting with another pressure gauge and it agreed with the electric one, so it looks like digital electric pumps are reasonably accurate.

But why does it keep losing air.  Most of the time on a tubeless tire it's a leak at the rim.  Sometimes all it takes is a bump.  That can be fixed by buffing the rim and applying a liquid sealant before pressuring it again.