Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Utensils in the Dishwasher

Started by Ronald, May 10, 2022, 12:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utensils in the Dishwasher

Up
1 (100%)
Down
0 (0%)
Anyway
0 (0%)
Who gives a crap
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: May 10, 2022, 12:47:36 PM

Ronald

No doubt about it, there are definitely two different camps on how to arrange utensils in the dishwasher. It's almost as controversial as the great "over or under" toilet roll debate.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/wellness/utensils-in-the-dishwasher-should-they-point-up-or-down/ar-AAX6WXs?li=BB15ISWR&lang=en-ca%22%3E

Redrobyn

I don't have a dishwasher but my stepson does and he's really picky but he's OCD about everything.

Ronald

Quote from: Redrobyn post_id=143 time=1652239729 user_id=66
I don't have a dishwasher but my stepson does and he's really picky but he's OCD about everything.

I have a dishwasher in each country, I put all the utensil's up.

Aimee

I put them down so I don/t get stabbed by a fork or knife.

Ronald

Quote from: Aimee post_id=151 time=1652297103 user_id=61
I put them down so I don/t get stabbed by a fork or knife.

Good idea, never thought of that.

camper6

Why is everything crossed out on previous messages?
My friend has a dishwasher that filled up and wouldn't drain.
I went over and we sucked the water out with a shop vac. 
After it had drained we started it again and it went through the cycle and drained.  I noticed when sucking up the water that it was awfully dirty so I'm assuming that there was something stuck in the discharge hose. 
It's tough now to get a repairman to come to the house and they are expensive.  $80 just to look at it. We also fixed a dryer previously.  I do have a multimeter.  I discovered that the discharge outlet outside was covered and I'm guessing the dryer overheated and blew a couple of internal fuses.  After testing the fuses with the multimeter we just went to the appliance outlet and bought a small kit with the parts needed and replaced them. No problem since. I'm working on my own oven now.  It's not working but the burners are working. However I just went and bought a countertop oven.  It's super. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on October 04, 2022, 09:31:29 AMWhy is everything crossed out on previous messages?
My friend has a dishwasher that filled up and wouldn't drain.
I went over and we sucked the water out with a shop vac. 
After it had drained we started it again and it went through the cycle and drained.  I noticed when sucking up the water that it was awfully dirty so I'm assuming that there was something stuck in the discharge hose. 
It's tough now to get a repairman to come to the house and they are expensive.  $80 just to look at it. We also fixed a dryer previously.  I do have a multimeter.  I discovered that the discharge outlet outside was covered and I'm guessing the dryer overheated and blew a couple of internal fuses.  After testing the fuses with the multimeter we just went to the appliance outlet and bought a small kit with the parts needed and replaced them. No problem since. I'm working on my own oven now.  It's not working but the burners are working. However I just went and bought a countertop oven.  It's super. 

Due to the cahnge over from phpbb to smf, codes are all different.