Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

GOOD MORNING,what you got planned for today

Started by Hic, January 20, 2024, 01:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirfurryanimalWales

Y Gath o Gymru

camper6

The usual Thursday, shopping for the senior discount.  Dull day and haven't seen the sun for days. Spring so far has been cold and rainy.  But rain helps keeping the forest fires down. Smoke from miles away drifts into the city.

Fleur

Work this morning then I met up with a friend at lunch time before heading home for the rest of the day

Ronald

After scrapping the back porch, this morning I decided to prime the porch first. Bad idea, it was all sun and dam hot, i was soaked with sweat after getting done.

The prime is dry and the sun is facing somewhere else. Might go out later this evening and paint the porch green, dark green.

I am finding it harder all the time to complete jobs, mowing the lawn takes two days, use to take a couple of hours, I have a 4 cycle weedwhacker, but it is to heavy for me and I have a tough time yanking the cord to start.

I have 3 weedwhackers, one I bought maybe 40 plus years ago, still works but need a new primer. My lawnmower is also about 40 years old, most realizable piece of equipment I have.

SirfurryanimalWales

Lazy day...Super Rugby from New Zealand on tv followed by day one of four watching my cricket team play away at Leicester on you tube.
Y Gath o Gymru

Ronald

Last night I put the first coat of green paint on the porch, tobight I will do the second coat.

Gotta get the power washer out and do some power cleaning.

Got a new 20v weedwhacker coming on Wednesday.

SirfurryanimalWales

Y Gath o Gymru

camper6

Quote from: Ronald on May 23, 2024, 05:45:42 PMAfter scrapping the back porch, this morning I decided to prime the porch first. Bad idea, it was all sun and dam hot, i was soaked with sweat after getting done.

The prime is dry and the sun is facing somewhere else. Might go out later this evening and paint the porch green, dark green.

I am finding it harder all the time to complete jobs, mowing the lawn takes two days, use to take a couple of hours, I have a 4 cycle weedwhacker, but it is to heavy for me and I have a tough time yanking the cord to start.

I have 3 weedwhackers, one I bought maybe 40 plus years ago, still works but need a new primer. My lawnmower is also about 40 years old, most realizable piece of equipment I have.

I help my friend get all his outdoor equipment ready for summer.  We couldn't get the weed whacker gas operated started.  Cleaned everything, new sparkplug and difficult to pull. So we just left it there till next day.  He goes out, next day gives it one pull and it starts, It was probably flooded.  I watched my maintenance man. He just squirts starter fluid in the carburetor after taking off the air cleaner. You should try that on the weedwhacker that has a primer problem.  Check the fuel lines.  They have a problem of getting brittle.  I replaced the fuel line on his hedge trimmer.

As we get older we need maintenance on our bodies as well as our tools and appliances.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on May 25, 2024, 09:29:15 AM
Quote from: Ronald on May 23, 2024, 05:45:42 PMAfter scrapping the back porch, this morning I decided to prime the porch first. Bad idea, it was all sun and dam hot, i was soaked with sweat after getting done.

I help my friend get all his outdoor equipment ready for summer.  We couldn't get the weed whacker gas operated started.  Cleaned everything, new sparkplug and difficult to pull. So we just left it there till next day.  He goes out, next day gives it one pull and it starts, It was probably flooded.  I watched my maintenance man. He just squirts starter fluid in the carburetor after taking off the air cleaner. You should try that on the weedwhacker that has a primer problem.  Check the fuel lines.  They have a problem of getting brittle.  I replaced the fuel line on his hedge trimmer.

As we get older we need maintenance on our bodies as well as our tools and appliances.

Yesterday I just did nothing! Today I went for our walk, came home, made a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies. Stop at the roadside fruit stand got some apples, tomatoes, peppers. Made some applesauce.

Neighbour Tom cut part of the grass yesterday. Better than nothing. I just don't have the energy.

camper6

You said the magic word.  Energy. 

Today I'm going to install a grab bar in my bedroom while I have the energy. Cherries have arrived from California and boy are they beautiful and juicy and on sale.  I might make a cherry pie.  I bought a cherry pitter at the dollar store.

SirfurryanimalWales

May Bank Holiday....lazy day doing not much at all again!
Y Gath o Gymru

Fleur

If you came to London Camper you could get cherries in Harrods for the bargain price of £165.00 per kilo !!!
 I think that's 210 dollars 😳 madness !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/27854820/harrods-box-cherries-huge-price/

Lazy day here too, one minute sunshine next it's pouring with rain .....so I won't be going far

Dave

I've been continuing the conversion of themes for SMF 2.0 to 2.1 that Crip made years ago, it's basically php coding
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Ronald

@ Fleur What. are the pits gold plated or what.

I shop here see the cherry's  You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.

I buy them fresh and sometimes frozen, frozen are good for smoothies.

Ronald

Quote from: Dave on May 27, 2024, 07:58:10 AMI've been continuing the conversion of themes for SMF 2.0 to 2.1 that Crip made years ago, it's basically php coding

Yea, thanks Dave, you and Steve do a goo job. Steve was very lucky to get ahold of Crip's site.