Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

What Are Your Hobbies?

Started by munch, January 18, 2024, 04:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: camper6 on February 05, 2024, 08:53:55 AMHave you ever watched the Woodsmith program with Norm Abrams?

I live in an apartment now and can no longer do woodworking but I still love watching the techniques and jigs demonstrated  towards making woodworking precise.  The fastening methods now are fantastic. 

No can't say I have Camper
If you want play quizzes or games click below

camper6

Every Saturday morning on PBS.  Also on at the same time is the Yankee Workshop.

Which reminds me to tape them.  I just love woodworking.

Dave

Quote from: camper6 on February 06, 2024, 09:23:37 AMEvery Saturday morning on PBS.  Also on at the same time is the Yankee Workshop.

I can't say I've seen that on our TV in the UK

camper6

You may be able to pick it up online. 

pbs.org

They sure do broadcast a lot of British shows.

Dave

Hmmm....PBS is saying

QuoteWe couldn't find any results for "Woodsmith".
Please try searching again. We suggest using fewer search terms and making sure all of your words are spelled correctly.

If you're unable to find a specific show or video, we may not be able to offer it online at this time. Click here for more information.

charry

Quote from: camper6 on February 06, 2024, 09:23:37 AMEvery Saturday morning on PBS.  Also on at the same time is the Yankee Workshop.

Are you a carpenter ?

camper6

No I'm not a carpenter.  My father was a carpenter.  I regret it to this day that I didn't follow in his footsteps.  I thought going into accounting was more glamorous.  It's boring as heck and fastidious.

If you're in a trade these days you're never out of a job.  The world will always need carpenters and plumbers and electricians.

charry

The kids now go where the money is , and your right , plumbers sparkys and mechanics

camper6

It must be nice to have a job where you love what you are doing for a living.

charry

My hubby did ...being an architect , he designed some beautiful buildings ,
He misses designing and building ....

camper6

Quote from: Dave on February 06, 2024, 09:30:16 AMHmmm....PBS is saying

QuoteWe couldn't find any results for "Woodsmith".
Please try searching again. We suggest using fewer search terms and making sure all of your words are spelled correctly.

If you're unable to find a specific show or video, we may not be able to offer it online at this time. Click here for more information.
It's the Woodsmith Shop

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-opera-mini-android&sca_esv=4a9f74e1b740eb2c&channel=new&sxsrf=ACQVn087iQkP7odiU-MnDLu75tNfFMgwLg:1707512774808&q=Woodsmith+shop+season+17+where+to+watch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjR7ZDjlJ-EAxU8kYkEHZBvC5UQ1QJ6BAgLEAI

camper6

Dave check it out.  There are free plans available for woodworking.

Dave

Quote from: camper6 on February 10, 2024, 09:51:07 AMDave check it out.  There are free plans available for woodworking.

Yes found it thanks Camper lots of plans etc and I've downloaded a few too

QuietMouse007

Im wondering if, in the USA or Canada, you see  'The Repair Shop'  on TV..

its a brilliant show...

Dave

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 20, 2024, 05:40:38 PMIm wondering if, in the USA or Canada, you see  'The Repair Shop'  on TV..

its a brilliant show...

Also 'Find It, Fix It, Flog IT' that's good. Great to see junk upcycled or repurposed