Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

What Are Your Hobbies?

Started by munch, January 18, 2024, 04:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camper6

It must be frustrating to need something done and can't get anyone to do it.

I'm lucky because I can do it myself depending on the size of the job. 

Hanging pictures though should be able to be done by most people with a hammer and picture hangers. 

charry

Quote from: camper6 on January 31, 2024, 09:56:54 AMIt must be frustrating to need something done and can't get anyone to do it.

Hanging pictures though should be able to be done by most people with a hammer and picture hangers. 

We dont have just anybody to ask tho camper ........
In the end ,i just put in hardened nails , and hoped the pics were straight
Hoping i didnt hit an electric cable .....very worrying.. ..

Dave

Quote from: charry on January 29, 2024, 10:20:04 AMI need a man like you camper lol
Cant get a handyman here !

It's a shame you live so far away Charry. I do all sorts of jobs for people from PC repairs to tap washers. I've just created a set of coat hooks for a lady I know and I'm in the middle of making a shoe rack for her. The shoe rack is the same width as the coats hooks and will sit below.

If I remember I'll take a photo and show you once it's all done

You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.  You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.
If you want play quizzes or games click below

charry

Quote from: Dave on February 01, 2024, 06:07:53 AM
Quote from: charry on January 29, 2024, 10:20:04 AMI need a man like you camper lol
Cant get a handyman here !

It's a shame you live so far away Charry. I do all sorts of jobs for people from PC repairs to tap washers. I've just created a set of coat hooks for a lady I know and I'm in the middle of making a shoe rack for her. The shoe rack is the same width as the coats hooks and will sit below.

If I remember I'll take a photo and show you once it's all done

That will look nice dave , yes show us when youve finished the shoe rack !

My hubby could put his hand to everything , before his stroke ,
He gets so angry , when little jobs need doing and he can't do them  anymore

camper6

Quote from: charry on January 31, 2024, 11:08:05 AM
Quote from: camper6 on January 31, 2024, 09:56:54 AMIt must be frustrating to need something done and can't get anyone to do it.

When you decide to do stuff yourself you need equipment.  For instance to hang pictures and trying to find a stud you can get a stud finder.  It's battery operated and you scan the wall with it.  It wll show the stud where you can put in a fastener safely. Everyone should have a tool box with the bare minimums.  Hammers, screwdrivers, pliers. Then add to it with battery operated drills.

charry

Quote from: camper6 on February 01, 2024, 12:32:37 PM
Quote from: charry on January 31, 2024, 11:08:05 AM

When you decide to do stuff yourself you need equipment.  For instance to hang pictures and trying to find a stud you can get a stud finder.  It's battery operated and you scan the wall with it.  It wll show the stud where you can put in a fastener safely. Everyone should have a tool box with the bare minimums.  Hammers, screwdrivers, pliers. Then add to it with battery operated drills.

Yes ive got my own tool box now ...
Buti dont get the time forvdoing these things ....

Ive now got a window cleaner coming wednesday and my car cleaner coming monday
So 2 more ticks

camper6

I know but when you have to depend on others a lot of stuff doesn't get done.  Or it does get done but after a long time. 

charry

Quote from: camper6 on February 03, 2024, 10:38:40 AMI know but when you have to depend on others a lot of stuff doesn't get done.  Or it does get done but after a long time. 

Never had to before ........ive been spoilt im afraid , now im suffering ....lol
Because i want things done yesterday camper ...

Dave

Here are the photos of all the work completed and in the customers house

You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.  You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.

charry

Quote from: Dave on February 04, 2024, 06:59:16 AMHere are the photos of all the work completed and in the customers house

Very nice !

Dave

camper6

You need some nice tools to do that kind of work.  It's really nice.

Let's see.  Table saw, router, jointer, planer?

Dave

Quote from: camper6 on February 04, 2024, 09:10:43 AMYou need some nice tools to do that kind of work.  It's really nice.

Let's see.  Table saw, router, jointer, planer?

Yes I have all of those and a whole host more

camper6

Have you ever watched the Woodsmith program with Norm Abrams?

I live in an apartment now and can no longer do woodworking but I still love watching the techniques and jigs demonstrated  towards making woodworking precise.  The fastening methods now are fantastic. 

charry