Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

What Are Your Hobbies?

Started by munch, January 18, 2024, 04:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munch

Any interests? Collecting? Or art? Or gardening?
As we're all pretty new it's a good time to ge to know each other.

What are your interests?

I got addicted to family research about 15 years ago ..
I used to love gardening but I now live in a flat and so sadly have no garden. I do miss that.
But I like reading, especially historical crime and detective type mysteries.
Oh... and acrylic painting. My flat is full of abstracts unrecognised masterpieces
Don't be fooled  by my cute, furry face and beady eyes. I really am your friend.

Hic

Ronald

I had a few hobbies, nothing now.

I did wood working for years. I made all types of outdoor furniture, I also made clocks, indoor furniture.

I did a DNA and tried to trace my family, found a great, great, great grandfather from Scotland.

Hic

charry

Was....fishing , exercise, and photography.....
Not much time now

QuietMouse007

Until Covid arrived.....Taoist Tai Chi....was a member for 12 yrs..
Lockdown arrived.....club folded....
OA got worse, so just have short walks now with my dog    x

Mart

Photography but not so much in the winter.
Anything to do with images using computer programs.
Help out on our friend's allotment.
Cycling (for pleasure in summer but only for a purpose in winter).

charry

Only moved into my new home since september, and started on my mini gym , which  i try to make in every home , since hubbys stroke  (we ve moved 4 times in 12yrs)  ::)
I Have my evercise bike , small pedal bike, a step, and normally do an hour online , walking , called the happy Mile ......thats my hobbies now, so im happy ... :) 

SirfurryanimalWales

Sport,Sport,more sport,attending concerts,eating out
Y Gath o Gymru

charry

Quote from: PedroMartinez on January 20, 2024, 11:12:06 PMSport,Sport,more sport,attending concerts,eating out

Football, rugby ,or soccer supporter pedro

SirfurryanimalWales

Rugby,cricket,NFL,snow and ice sports,showjumping,cycling
Y Gath o Gymru

camper6

My main hobby now is fixing stuff.  I live in an apartment and the tenants abandon anything they no longer want or are leaving them behind.  They leave them in the laundry room.

Most of the stuff isn''t working of course. 
I have rescued three printers, a CD -tape player a laptop computer, a paper shredder. and various appliances.

Most of them don't really have a lot of problems.  For instance the printers are out of ink.  But I have bought a kit online to refill the cartridges.  The shredders usually have a safety switch connecting it to the basket which gets stuck.. The switch can be bypassed easily. The problem comes by having too much stuff in my small apartment.

It's kind of sad to see good stuff being thrown out now.  Legislation is coming that appliances have to be made more repairable.

charry

Quote from: camper6 on January 29, 2024, 10:09:37 AMMy main hobby now is fixing stuff.  I live in an apartment and the tenants abandon anything they no longer want or are leaving them behind.  They leave them in the laundry room.

I have rescued three printers, a CD -tape player a laptop computer, a paper shredder. and various appliances.

Most of them don't really have a lot of problems.  For instance the printers are out of ink.  But I have bought a kit online to refill the cartridges.  The shredders usually have a safety switch connecting it to the basket which gets stuck.. The switch can be bypassed easily. The problem comes by having too much stuff in my small apartment.

It's kind of sad to see good stuff being thrown out now.  Legislation is coming that appliances have to be made more repairable.

I need a man like you camper lol
Cant get a handyman here !

camper6

Quote from: charry on January 29, 2024, 10:20:04 AM
Quote from: camper6 on January 29, 2024, 10:09:37 AMMy main hobby now is fixing stuff.  I live in an apartment and the tenants abandon anything they no longer want or are leaving them behind.  They leave them in the laundry room.

I have a nephew who knows how to do everything.  He is never idle.  There are plenty of small jobs out there.
More young people should go into the trades.

charry

Quote from: camper6 on January 30, 2024, 07:19:37 AM
Quote from: charry on January 29, 2024, 10:20:04 AM

I have a nephew who knows how to do everything.  He is never idle.  There are plenty of small jobs out there.
More young people should go into the trades.

Youngsters only want the big jobs here , that takes a few weeks to do
All i wanted , was some pics hanging , bathroom equipment put up, and wardrobe drawers which were broke in the move ,
Cant get anyone ...