Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Maui have you been there?

Started by Ronald, August 11, 2023, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

At least 55 people died on Maui. Residents had little warning before wildfires overtook a town.

You cannot view attachments, please sign in or register.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/at-least-55-people-died-on-maui-residents-had-little-warning-before-wildfires-overtook-a-town/ar-AA1f7FY4?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d67b27c2fe2c4c86b7cc90c079df017d&ei=34

People never listened to the warnings about Global warming. All of us are now paying the price. Some are saying the end is here.

camper6

Nature's way of rejuvenating the forests.  Never been outside of Canada except to the United States.  If I went to HAwaii they would never get me back.  I would be an illegal alien.  It's warm there.  That's all I need.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 18, 2023, 08:05:58 AMNature's way of rejuvenating the forests.  Never been outside of Canada except to the United States.  If I went to HAwaii they would never get me back.  I would be an illegal alien.  It's warm there.  That's all I need.

Global warming? Nature's way sure is weird, taking out a entire town.

camper6

The lives.  And now they are evacuating Yellowknife.  Strange isn't it that we never saw this type of evacuation before.  They should have a perimeter around a city so the flames couldn't advance along the ground.  You will still have embers of course but that should be easier to control.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 19, 2023, 08:57:38 AMThe lives.  And now they are evacuating Yellowknife.  Strange isn't it that we never saw this type of evacuation before.  They should have a perimeter around a city so the flames couldn't advance along the ground.  You will still have embers of course but that should be easier to control.

I think it all started with the huge fire in upper Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fires_in_Canada

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Fort_McMurray_wildfire

camper6

We are getting smoke in Thunder Bay and it's really annoying.  It seems to affect me probably because I'm allergic to it.  I have never smoked.  I hated it even as a kid when everybody around me smoked. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 21, 2023, 09:15:35 AMWe are getting smoke in Thunder Bay and it's really annoying.  It seems to affect me probably because I'm allergic to it.  I have never smoked.  I hated it even as a kid when everybody around me smoked. 

I like the smell of tobacco, not the smoke. I use to smoke, quit back in 1985

camper6

I like the smell of pipe tobacco and it reminds me of people I knew who have passed on.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 22, 2023, 08:15:39 AMI like the smell of pipe tobacco and it reminds me of people I knew who have passed on.

Yes pipe Tobacoo. Can't stand the smell of cigars, really they are horrible.

camper6

Wow! Today in Thunder Bay the smoke was awful and irritating.  It's even in my apartment.  I was looking all over for the source of the smell.  The winds are from the west and that's bad because that's where the fires are.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 24, 2023, 06:35:53 PMWow! Today in Thunder Bay the smoke was awful and irritating.  It's even in my apartment.  I was looking all over for the source of the smell.  The winds are from the west and that's bad because that's where the fires are.

Fires all over the place, as well as flooding.

camper6

The smoke makes me all jittery and nervous.  I cant figure out why.  I think because I can't get away from it no matter where I go.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 25, 2023, 07:40:58 PMThe smoke makes me all jittery and nervous.  I cant figure out why.  I think because I can't get away from it no matter where I go.

Close the doors and windows, turn the air conditioner on, that will filter the air.

camper6

No air conditioners in my building unless you install one yourself.  Extra charge per month.  But I don't really need one.  I do have a separate air cleaner and I'll give it a try. But if the wind changes from West to East the smoke is gone. I just think I'm extra sensitive to smoke.  I'm allergic to a lot of stuff.  I break out in hives from time to time.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on August 27, 2023, 09:21:23 AMNo air conditioners in my building unless you install one yourself.  Extra charge per month.  But I don't really need one.  I do have a separate air cleaner and I'll give it a try. But if the wind changes from West to East the smoke is gone. I just think I'm extra sensitive to smoke.  I'm allergic to a lot of stuff.  I break out in hives from time to time.

Air cleaner should help out..