Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

What are you doing today

Started by charry, August 01, 2023, 08:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charry

Quote from: Mart on February 12, 2024, 03:33:05 AMIce on the car and waste bins this morning but the Sun is shining and it's +4°C, so I expect it will melt when the Sun hits it. Supermarket this morning and check that all is well at my brother's place this afternoon.

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 11, 2024, 06:13:29 PMVisited the park this afternoon, but it was so crowded, we couldnt find a parking space ...so...
we drove into the countryside, and visited the Reservoir....nice and peaceful there, with lots of
birds to see....a nice way  to spend the afternoon.... :)

People object whenever there are plans to build a new reservoir in their area. I'm sure I wouldn't as it brings in a good stretch of water for water activities, wild life, plants and a nice place to walk or sit. All advantages as far as I can see.

We have 2 lovely reservoirs locally.......ardingly, and arlington ,
But cant push hubby around , as its only half paved ... :(   

Mart

Quote from: charry on February 12, 2024, 08:43:50 AMWe have 2 lovely reservoirs locally.......ardingly, and arlington ,

I think I read a while back that you were getting a powerchair? That should open up a few more possibilities for you both. Some of them can handle quite bumpy ground. Muddy ground can still a problem though because the wheels just spin.

Mart

Good morning - It's dry with a temperature of +6°C. Rain expected for the afternoon. I'll maybe go to the allotment while it's not raining to see if anything wants doing.

Have a good day. :)

charry

Quote from: Mart on February 12, 2024, 11:57:17 AM
Quote from: charry on February 12, 2024, 08:43:50 AMWe have 2 lovely reservoirs locally.......ardingly, and arlington ,

I think I read a while back that you were getting a powerchair? That should open up a few more possibilities for you both. Some of them can handle quite bumpy ground. Muddy ground can still a problem though because the wheels just spin.

If we get one mart..it wont be one i can put into a car ...its just for local trips, indoor/outdoor one ..
We ve tried the mobility small ones you can break down, but hes cant drive them ,because of his left sided neglect ..
Im just keeping my fingers crossed, that he will be able to manoeuvre the indoor ones ......

charry

Just popped to shop today , raining ,and windy ...
Happy pancake day everyone ...

QuietMouse007

Charry......I had a hoist fitted to the boot of our car....
I can get my mobility scooter into the car now, without hubby getting another hernia !!
Im wondering if it would help you with the power chair ?
It was rather expensive tho....nearly £900....maybe you could get a grant tho ?  hope this helps in some way.

charry

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 14, 2024, 03:08:43 AMCharry......I had a hoist fitted to the boot of our car....
I can get my mobility scooter into the car now, without hubby getting another hernia !!
It was rather expensive tho....nearly £900....maybe you could get a grant tho ?  hope this helps in some way.

Thanks QM , its always worth considering in time 👍

camper6

camper6

Happiness is a sparkling clean microwave.

Boil vinegar in the microwave.  This loosens any dirt on the inside of the oven.  Then wipe down with paper towels. 

charry

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 14, 2024, 03:08:43 AMCharry......I had a hoist fitted to the boot of our car....

How big is your mobility scooter QM
How big is your boot ... do you have a big car or 7 seater

Mart

Good morning - Bright sunshine today with a temperature of +12°C. We'll be going into town soon. Mrs Mart has a dental appointment. After that, I don't know. Maybe nothing.

Mart

Good morning - A ride over to my brother's house this morning. Nobody has shown interest in buying it yet so I'm meeting a gardener there to see about smartening up the garden and cleaning the paving slabs. Generally spruce it up a bit.

QuietMouse007

Quote from: charry on February 15, 2024, 10:27:13 AM

Hi Charry.....my mobility scooter is a 4 wheeler, just average size.....our car is a Ford Fiesta (I think lol) not very big......just an ordinary car..

Ronald

Got up real early this morning, I can't believe it myself, 6.00 am. Was at the park walking the dog at 7.00 am, came back got the wife went to Amherstburg for her blood work.

Came home had a cup of coffee and a long nap.

@camper, I use your method all the time to clean the microwave, works great and smells good too.

charry

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 20, 2024, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: charry on February 15, 2024, 10:27:13 AM

Hi Charry.....my mobility scooter is a 4 wheeler, just average size.....our car is a Ford Fiesta (I think lol) not very big......just an ordinary car..

Thats good that you can put a hoist in the boot , and pick up the scooter !