Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

What are you doing today

Started by charry, August 01, 2023, 08:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mart

Quote from: Ronald on January 20, 2024, 10:41:36 AMArguing with myself, should I run the vacuum (hoover) or not.

One thing about arguing with yourself. You're bound to win.  :)

munch

I never do ... I just find it raises my stress levels.

Been to the shops, am now sitting sipping a cuppa and wondering whether to get arty and crafty or just be a slob. Oh decisions, decisions ... but I've just remembered there's a pack of jaffa cakes in the cupboard.
Don't be fooled  by my cute, furry face and beady eyes. I really am your friend.

Ronald

Quote from: munch on January 20, 2024, 11:04:38 AMI never do ... I just find it raises my stress levels.

Been to the shops, am now sitting sipping a cuppa and wondering whether to get arty and crafty or just be a slob. Oh decisions, decisions ... but I've just remembered there's a pack of jaffa cakes in the cupboard.

I go to a store called Sobeys, it is a grocery store. They have a nice selection of UK products. I love the Eccles Cakes. I got this from watching Coronation Street for the last 40 years.

We also have a British store called Blimeys https://blimeys.ca/

munch

Gosh yes, eccles cakes ... rather nice aren't they. I haven't had them for ages.
Don't be fooled  by my cute, furry face and beady eyes. I really am your friend.

Hic

went to a craft fayre couple of months ago,,they had eccles cakes there,first time i had them for years,must get some more yummy

munch

I've seen them called Chorley cakes though I'm not sure of the difference.

charry

I prefer the cheese cakes...the ones with coconut twizzles on the top, god knows why they are called cheese cakes, cant taste any cheese... :o

QuietMouse007

My house is much cleaner since buying a Gtech  (cordless hoover)...
its lightweight and easy to use ..
Nice sunshine at the park this afternoon, still cold, but nice to get some fresh air..
cant walk far now tho...

SirfurryanimalWales

Went out for breakfast,booked a play ( actually two in one night)and two concerts
Y Gath o Gymru

charry

Quote from: PedroMartinez on January 30, 2024, 10:39:13 AMWent out for breakfast,booked a play ( actually two in one night)and two concerts

How was your concerts pedro ?

SirfurryanimalWales

Quote from: charry on February 06, 2024, 08:40:24 AM
Quote from: PedroMartinez on January 30, 2024, 10:39:13 AMWent out for breakfast,booked a play ( actually two in one night)and two concerts

How was your concerts pedro ?
What I've booked hasn't happened yet.
The recent play I saw was hilarious- called' now in a minute' ( see my play thread)
Next up is a Glam Rock show in the lovely Riverfront Theatre in Newport.
That's in just over two weeks.
Y Gath o Gymru

Mart

I've been to the allotment and spent a happy couple of hours pulling the partially collapsed polytunnel to bits. I'd already mended it twice after wind damage but the covering had ripped too much this time. We have a new cover but thought it might not be worth putting it on a frame that is only probably repairable. Time for a whole new polytunnel we think.

charry

Had the window cleaner , popped to the shop,
Rain , but warmer today 

QuietMouse007

Visited the park this afternoon, but it was so crowded, we couldnt find a parking space ...so...
we drove into the countryside, and visited the Reservoir....nice and peaceful there, with lots of
birds to see....a nice way  to spend the afternoon.... :)

Mart

Ice on the car and waste bins this morning but the Sun is shining and it's +4°C, so I expect it will melt when the Sun hits it. Supermarket this morning and check that all is well at my brother's place this afternoon.

Quote from: QuietMouse007 on February 11, 2024, 06:13:29 PMVisited the park this afternoon, but it was so crowded, we couldnt find a parking space ...so...
we drove into the countryside, and visited the Reservoir....nice and peaceful there, with lots of
birds to see....a nice way  to spend the afternoon.... :)

People object whenever there are plans to build a new reservoir in their area. I'm sure I wouldn't as it brings in a good stretch of water for water activities, wild life, plants and a nice place to walk or sit. All advantages as far as I can see.