Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Online Store new in Canada

Started by camper6, March 14, 2023, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on April 02, 2023, 07:56:02 AMI gave myself a pat on the back.  I finally produced a nice pie crust.  I read up on how to use a blender.  Gave it a try.  Didn't work.  Finished the dough by hand.

I tried a blender once, not powerful enough, I always make it by hand.

So happy you got a good pie crust, really makes a big difference.

camper6

That TEMU store online we talked about.  I ordered a suction cup grip holder for my bathroom shower.  It works better than the one I bought at Shoppers which was much more expensive. 
At first I thought the prices were a scam but the reason for the cheap prices is that transportation and shipping is not charged.  China has a deal with their merchants.  Exports are shipped free.  In Canada if I order an 8 dollar item the cheapest shipping via Canada Post is $20 and with tax it comes to $30 total.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on April 13, 2023, 08:53:06 AMThat TEMU store online we talked about.  I ordered a suction cup grip holder for my bathroom shower.  It works better than the one I bought at Shoppers which was much more expensive. 
At first I thought the prices were a scam but the reason for the cheap prices is that transportation and shipping is not charged.  China has a deal with their merchants.  Exports are shipped free.  In Canada if I order an 8 dollar item the cheapest shipping via Canada Post is $20 and with tax it comes to $30 total.

I try my best to not use Canada Post. I bought a book on Amazon Canada, I was not going to be in Canada at the time of delivery, so I requested the book be delivered to my local Post Office. I ordered this book on March 13th.. I got a email from Canada Post saying my package was being held up in Mississauga On. due to being a suspicious package. I answered their questionnaire as requested to do. I got my book yesterday and the package was ripped open.

camper6

Any idea why it would be suspicious? 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on April 14, 2023, 08:01:45 AMAny idea why it would be suspicious? 

Have no clue, but once I answered there questionnaire, they sent the package on it's way. I was wondering if maybe, because I do not have a P.O.Box, but the girls at the local Post Office all know me.