Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

BEST REFRIGERATOR FOR LONGETIVITY

Started by camper6, January 20, 2023, 08:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 29, 2023, 10:26:48 AMThey use magnetism to heat a pot.  The pot has to bee able to attract a magnet like cast iron.  So that lets aluminum out as well as copper.  It is supposed to be super efficient because it doesn't waste heat around the pot. I watched a show on it on This Old House. 

Interesting, I'll have to look at this.

camper6

People are buying them because they keep the heat down in the kitchen while cooking.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 30, 2023, 08:29:22 AMPeople are buying them because they keep the heat down in the kitchen while cooking.

Good to know, my cook stove is roughly 30 years old, and the dials have no numbers left on them, all guess work.

camper6

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on February 03, 2023, 09:01:08 AMThat stove owes you nothing. 

Yes it does, I had to buy a thermostat to stick in the oven to see what temp. it is.

camper6

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on February 04, 2023, 09:31:49 AMIs the warranty expired? :P

Ah? how long is the warranty on a roughly 35 year old stove? Yea I think it has expired. I even searched the web many times for parts, can't find a thing. I wanted to replace the panel the dails are on, no numbers left, all guessing. Be dammed if I buy a new stove.

camper6

That's right.  If it's still working and doing the job what more do you need.
For the dials?  Guesswork?  How about plastic stickers from the dollar store? Or a stencil and paint.

camper6

Here's another solution for you.

However, there is an easy solution that will last for a while: stickers that stand up to heat. Several companies carry these. And the fact that they re-create the look of original markings on stoves and cooktops made by numerous manufacturers hints that your problem is not rare, nor is it limited to appliances made by a single manufacturer. Stovedecals.com, which claims to have invented this solution in 2016, makes stickers that re-create markings on specific models of stoves and cooktops made by companies such as GE, Bosch, Frigidaire, Kenmore, Samsung, LG and Whirlpool. Another source is the Stove Stickers shop on Etsy (etsy.com/shop/StoveStickers)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/worn-cooktop-knobs-repair/2021/08/11/e604d958

Ronald

I took a look at the decals, will get my specs, and go look again.

Thanks camper for the link.

camper6

I watch You Tube episodes.  A German who does restoration on everything and brings them back to usage.  He laments all the good stuff that ends up in landfills which is the trend today.  There are some real good tips.  This guy knows how to do everything.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on February 06, 2023, 08:03:59 AMI watch You Tube episodes.  A German who does restoration on everything and brings them back to usage.  He laments all the good stuff that ends up in landfills which is the trend today.  There are some real good tips.  This guy knows how to do everything.

Got a link to him?

camper6

The Post  Apocalyptic Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRRgam28VWQ&list=RDCMUCDbWmfrwmzn1ZsGgrYRUxoA&index=4

This guy can repair anything and explains it in detail.  It's fun to watch.

I also have another one .  It's a guy restoring a stone cabin in the Italian alps. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on February 07, 2023, 09:56:00 AMThe Post  Apocalyptic Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRRgam28VWQ&list=RDCMUCDbWmfrwmzn1ZsGgrYRUxoA&index=4

This guy can repair anything and explains it in detail.  It's fun to watch.

I also have another one .  It's a guy restoring a stone cabin in the Italian alps. 

Thanks camper check this one:

camper6

The stream generator would be a good idea for charging batteries because it would be working 24 hours a day compared to solar cells. 
These people that make these videos have a lot of energy I no longer have. They are to be admired.  As far as litter goes, I simply cannot understand it.  At the bus stops in my city there are shelters to wait for the bus.  There are disposal units available but people just throw stuff on the floor.  And then it looks like a pig sty. There's a phone number to report graffiti as well which I often use.  One shelter that was particularly bad was removed completely by the city.