Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

L

And This Is How Changing A Light Can Turn Into A Home Reno

Started by Lee, January 15, 2023, 02:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

Handyman came over yesterday to change the bathroom light to a nicer more modern fixture.

But this fixture had a longer globe than the previous one and hit the medicine cabinet.

So medicine cabinet got lowered

and when that happened the section above where it had been before had the old paint

and I really would like a new stacking washer/dryer so I could fit the cat litter box in the bathroom  but that would involve OMG I do not want to think about it.

Ronald

Quote from: Lee on January 15, 2023, 02:02:56 PMHandyman came over yesterday to change the bathroom light to a nicer more modern fixture.

But this fixture had a longer globe than the previous one and hit the medicine cabinet.

So medicine cabinet got lowered

and when that happened the section above where it had been before had the old paint

and I really would like a new stacking washer/dryer so I could fit the cat litter box in the bathroom  but that would involve OMG I do not want to think about it.

Yea more renovations for you. Think you will ever stop?

Lee

Of course I will stop, on the day I move into an apartment.

Ronald

Quote from: Lee on January 16, 2023, 07:37:27 AMOf course I will stop, on the day I move into an apartment.

Do you like apartment living, it is very different kind of living. I lived in a few different apartments in my time. Best one I had was the one located on the Detroit River's edge, just off of Mill Street.

camper6

Quote from: Lee on January 16, 2023, 07:37:27 AMOf course I will stop, on the day I move into an apartment.

I moved into an apartment and it didn't stop.  You just cannot look at stuff without wanting to fix it.  You're supposed to call the owners but that always takes too long and is a hassle and they are always in a rush and do a crappy job.  So I tackle it myself.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 17, 2023, 07:06:46 AM

I moved into an apartment and it didn't stop.  You just cannot look at stuff without wanting to fix it.  You're supposed to call the owners but that always takes too long and is a hassle and they are always in a rush and do a crappy job.  So I tackle it myself.

You can also get yourself in trouble that way.

I once lived in a highrise, I asked the landlord for a new carpet in the living room, he said no. I said I will replace it then, but when I leave, I will be taking it with me. He out right flatly told me no carpet.

camper6

Yes I know. You're supposed to return it to like it was when you moved in.

I doubt they would be happier with that rule. I had them change the bathroom sink.  The job they did was terrible on the finishing around the sink.  I tore out the arborite they put in and tiled and grouted it myself.  Looks so much better.I also painted the walls.