Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

We Would Need 5 Earths If The Entire World Lived As Americans Do

Started by Ronald, January 11, 2023, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

The US is also among the countries with a diverse population composed of various races from almost every part of the world. With such a big population and being one of the most developed countries, studies show that the American lifestyle demands many resources from mother earth. If this lifestyle were a universal trend globally, then humanity on this planet would need 5 earths to live like an American.

Source: https://www.politicsphere.com/5-earths/

Would you enjoy living like the Americans do?

camper6

The only reason I would ever move to the U.S. is for the climate.  Certainly not for the gun culture or the healthcare or the politics.  If you have the money a nice place to live otherwise? 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 12, 2023, 09:39:34 AMThe only reason I would ever move to the U.S. is for the climate.  Certainly not for the gun culture or the healthcare or the politics.  If you have the money a nice place to live otherwise? 

My wife is American, we spend a lot of time here in America. I would never want to live here permently. I see to much on the streets. One thing for sure is Americans are very prejudice people. Health care is all political, guns of all type are rampid, you never know when or where you'll get shot at or killed.

camper6

The worse is the huge divide between the Republicans and Democrats.  They can't govern through Congress. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 13, 2023, 08:45:47 AMThe worse is the huge divide between the Republicans and Democrats.  They can't govern through Congress. 

Not only that, I realized neither party will work with the other. But America is totally out of control. Guns are rampid throughout America, seems like just about everyone carries a weapon. You go into a resturant for a meal and next to you are a couple of guy with side arms strapped on, makes me feel very uncomfortable seeing this.

camper6

If you have to deal with guns I'm more comfortable with open carry than concealed carry.  At least I can see the weapon and if I don't like it I can just leave and get away from the cowboys.

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 14, 2023, 09:41:40 AMIf you have to deal with guns I'm more comfortable with open carry than concealed carry.  At least I can see the weapon and if I don't like it I can just leave and get away from the cowboys.

Camper, in America, it's the same for everyone you talk to, it is my right to bear arms. Scares the crap out of me, there are a whole of crazies carrying side arms.
Not to many years ago a Militia Group were caught training shooting off weapons and other tatics, and it wasn't that far from us, just a few miles away.

These people are every where.

camper6

I don't think the Second  Amendment was meant for that kind of nonsense. It's all from the Supreme Court rulings.  The Supreme Court is severely slanted right and they rule in favor of the gun lobby.  Right now gun violence is the leading cause of death among young people. 

Ronald

Quote from: camper6 on January 15, 2023, 08:34:05 AMI don't think the Second  Amendment was meant for that kind of nonsense. It's all from the Supreme Court rulings.  The Supreme Court is severely slanted right and they rule in favor of the gun lobby.  Right now gun violence is the leading cause of death among young people. 

Supreme Court was stacked by the Republicans. NRA puts mega bucks into the pockets of the majority Republican Senators.