Welcome to our Community!
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Remember, as a Guest you only see part of our forum, become a member to see entire site. Come on in, join us for some good conversations, and some fun times.
Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Theme Selection

Testing appliances

Started by camper6, December 03, 2022, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camper6

I have bought two voltmeters.  One is analog and the other is digital for testing devices that aren't working and trying to repair them.  I also want to test other items like voltage transformers when an item doesn't take a charge after being plugged in.

Testing continuity is easy with a tester and that eliminates a lot of problems. 

But testing a voltage transformer is a lot tougher.  I can't believe how many of these things I have accumulated over the years.  I'm going to advertise them on Kijji for free just to get rid of them.  Most of the appliances they were used for are long gone. For example printers and tablets and cell phones.  Right now I have an over the counter hearing aid that is rechargeable.  It's not working so here we go again.  I will have to fabricate a charger for it.